Use Insight to ring and call to other worlds for help.
Great old bell discovered in the old underground labyrinth.
Its ring resonates across worlds, and the first hunter used it
as a special signal to call hunters from other worlds to cross
the gap and co-operate.
A human must use Insight to ring this uncanny bell, but the
benefits of cross-world cooperation are many.
- At the cost of 1 Insight, ring the bell to summon other hunters, who have used a Small Resonant Bell, as Guests into your world to assist you.
- After obtaining your first point of Insight, a group of Messengers will appear near the Plain Doll in the Hunter's Dream and grant you the Beckoning Bell as a gift, along with the Silencing Blank.
- Once used, the expended Insight cannot be recovered; neither the Silencing Blank nor any other method will return the point spent.
- Can only be used in areas containing a boss. Some areas require you to activate certain events before you can summon (ie. Cathedral Ward - You must open all three large gates before you can use multiplayer items.).
- A Host can summon a Guest whose level is withing 10 + 10% (always rounded down) levels of her/his own level (ie. a level 27 Host can only summon a Guest whose level is between 15 and 39, inclusive).
- A Guest will appear in a Host's world at the location at which the Guest was standing in her/his own world at the time (s)he was summoned.
- If a Host and Guest are part of opposing covenants (Cainhurst Vilebloods and Executioners), they will, instead, be hostile towards each other.
- A Guest will remain in a Host's world until the Host dies, the Guest dies, an area boss is defeated, or either player uses a Silencing Blank to end the session.
- The Beckoning Bell effect will end if you die, exit your game, ring the Small Resonant Bell, ring the Sinister Resonant Bell, or use any teleport mechanic (Lamps, Hunter's Marks, etc.). However, if you avoid doing any of those things, the effect will persist, allowing you to spend 1 Insight and summon Guests in multiple areas.
- While you can only have two (2) Guests in your world at any given time, the Beckoning Bell's effect will continue summoning/replacing Guests as long as it remains active.
- Multiplayer Bells require a fair amount of proximity between each player. If you are too far away from prospective Guests, you may not be summoned very quickly.
- While standing still after ringing the bell, you can see pulsing rings around your character.
- Connection Bug: If you suspend Bloodborne for any reason or set your PS4 to rest mode while Bloodborne is open, the game will not report as such, but you will essentially be offline, disconnected from the server. If you are spending a long time looking for a person to summon or trying to be summoned, this is the reason. Close the Bloodborne app, and restart the game to restore your connection.