An enemy hunter wearing the Madman Set, will spawn an additional hunter once his health reaches a certain threshold.
Lower Hintertomb Layer Two: Heart
- At ~30% HP he will summon Madman's Escort (that uses Kirkhammer and Flamesprayer, so you have to deal with two enemies.
- Uses an Empty Phantasm Shell to temporary buff his Ludwig's Holy Blade.
- Fighting him is very similar to fighting the various enemy hunters during the story.
- Unlocks the Madman Set at the Bath Messenger Insight after defeat.
- He seems less likely to attack you near the Fog Wall (Entrance), luring him there is an easy way to get in several free hits.
- Shooting tentacles (Augur Of Ebrietas)
- Magic projectiles (A Call Beyond)
- Uses different attacks of Ludwig's Holy Blade :
- Strong two-handed thrust (very easy to predict)
- Fast single-handed attack
- The first part of the battle is very simple. The madman usually starts of with slow and easily predictable two-handed attacks.
- Use your gun to interrupt him and deal damage with visceral attacks.
- Will cast tentacles when attacked at close range upfront, with long recovery time giving you a chance to dash out lots of damage.
- Will cast magic missiles if you're far away. Can easily be dodged or avoided using the stone pillars (depending on the location you fight him).
- Once his health reaches ~30%, he will spawn another hunter, the Madman's Escort that uses a Kirkhammer and Flamesprayer.
- Try to separate them using the stone pillars on the room (depending on location) and finish the Madman.
- Killing off the Madman's Escort is pretty simple, as he only uses the normal Kirkhammer attacks and spraying around flames. No magic attacks.