13th June 2015
- If a player uses the Beckoning Bell or Small Resonant Bell while using a password, it will be clearly indicated that a password is in use.
- If the level difference between the host and the guest when matched using a password is large, the guest's stats will be adjusted to match the host's.
- Other bug fixes and matching improvements.
25th May 2015
- When players use a password, they will be matched regardless of level difference.
- As long as the other player uses the same password, members of enemy covenants can also play co-op.
- The Insight Shop will now appear when players have more than 1 Insight.
- Blood Stone Chunks can now be acquired by trading Insight. (Players must advance the story to a certain point before Blood Stone Chunks become available.)
- The maximum number of Blood Vials and Quicksilver Bullets which can be stored has been increased from 99 to 600.
- Enemy strength in several New Game + areas has been adjusted.
- Enemy resistance to arcane and bolt attacks have been adjusted.
- Beasthood is now easier to increase. This allows players to have stronger attack for a longer period.
- The Beast Blood Pellet changed so that Beasthood will increase when used.
- A bug that occurred while using Rifle Spear as a rifle has been fixed.
- In particular, its damage when Blood Gems have been affixed has been fixed.
- The use of Stamina when wielding the Kirkhammer has been reduced.
- The use of Stamina when wielding Logarius’ Wheel has been reduced.
- The duration of the effect when the Old Hunger’s Bone is being used has been extended. Fewer Quicksilver Bullets will be consumed.
- Increased stat scaling for the Tiny Tonitrus. The Strength of attack when the arcane stat is low has been increased.
- Increased stat scaling for Augur of Ebrietas. The Strength of attack when the arcane stat is low has been increased.
- Number of Quicksilver Bullets consumed by A Call Beyond has been reduced.
- Number of Quicksilver Bullets consumed by the Choir Bell has been reduced.
- Players can now acquire a Short Ritual Root Chalice by trading Insight. The Chalice will become available after completing the Pthumeru Chalice dungeon. Players can now use the Short Ritual Root Chalice’s quick matching feature in the early part of the game.
- Random drops added to the reward given by bosses in Chalice Dungeon Materials to upgrade weapons, including Blood Gemstone, will be dropped randomly. Materials that can be obtained will change depending on the depth of the dungeon.
- Depth 1: Blood Stone Shards
- Depth 2: Twin Blood Stone Shards
- Depth 3: Twin Blood Stone Shards, Blood Stone Chunks
- Depth 4: Blood Stone Chunks
- Depth 5: Blood Stone Chunks, Blood Rocks
- The Rank of Blood Gemstones appearing in Depth 1-3 Chalice Dungeons has been boosted.
- More Blood Echoes will be obtained when enemies in Chalice Dungeons are hunted.
- The guest player’s HP will drop to 50% instead of 65% in a Cursed Chalice Dungeon.
- When using a Short Ritual Root Chalice for co-op play, the guest player will always start from the Lamp room of each floor.
- Special weapons that have been obtained in a Chalice Dungeon, such as Uncanny or Lost will become available for purchase chase from the Bath Messengers.
- Upon obtaining a special weapon such as an Uncanny or Lost weapon in a Chalice Dungeon, it will become available for purchase at the Bath Messengers.
Other Adjustments and Changes
- Brightness of the screen when Blood Echoes are acquired has been adjusted.
- A bug that disconnected players from online mode during standby mode has been fixed.
- During Multiplayer, there was an issue of enemies not displaying properly when they move quickly, on the guest’s screen. This bug has been fixed.
- Other adjustments and bug fixes.
23rd April 2015
- Reduced loading times (approx. 5-15 seconds; may vary by circumstance)
- Fixed bug that left certain lifts and elevators inoperable
- Fixed bug that resulted in bosses becoming immobilized
- Fixed bug that left players unable to advance NPC events during multi-play
- When the PS4 is put into Rest Mode during online play, the game will now return to the main title screen upon resuming play. This will resolve matchmaking issues related to Suspend/Resume.
- Other various bug fixes
Unofficial Changes (confirmed)
- Loading screens now show items and their descriptions instead of the black screen w/ Bloodborne logo.
- Cannon consumes 12 bullets instead of 10.
- Old Hunter Bone consumes 5 bullets instead of 6.
- Choir Bell consumes 8 bullets instead of 10. Arcane requirement reduced to 15 from 20.
- Skip/glitches patched: jump to Forbidden Woods/Iosefka's Clinic skip, Shadows of Yarnham jump glitch, Father Gascoigne stair visceral, infinite echoes (running in circles) glitch from Forbidden Woods dogs.
- Fixed bug that did not let users have custom body types in game.
- Matchmaking improved. Users reported faster connections to other players in both co-op and PvP.
- Blood echoes do not relocate to the Lecture Building anymore upon reloading the game after dying.
- Floor under Cathedral Ward elevator changed to bottomless pit to stop confusion of depth.
31st March 2015
- Fixes the issue of not being able to obtain the "Lunarium Key" once the user partakes in online multiplayer as a co-operative guest by using the "Small Resonant Bell" or as a hostile guest by using the "Sinister Resonant Bell" in the area, "Forbidden Woods".
- Bug fixes
Unofficial Changes (confirmed)
- Fixes the infinite duplication glitch.
19th March 2015
- Added online functionality
- Game performance and stability improvements
- Bug fixes
- Added a Bloodstone Shard pickup to a corpse behind some barrels on the left after the bonfire area in Central Yharnam
- Allows bosses to die to killboxes when knocked out of bounds