The Insight stat represents the depth of inhuman knowledge.
Needed to ring special bell, but induces frenzy.
Insight is a stat that is acquired by exploring the world and defeating bosses. Required to ring the Beckoning Bell. Higher Insight leads to world changes, including additional moves for enemies, new enemies where none were before, previously invisible things turning visible, and a damage/defense increase. Most world changes happen at 15 Insight. Frenzy Resist and Beasthood decrease with each additional point of Insight.
- Entering a boss arena for the first time.
- Defeating a boss.
- Witnessing various strange events.
- Using the Small Resonant Bell and defeating a boss as a cooperator grants one Insight.
- Using the Sinister Resonant Bell and defeating the host gives one Insight.
- Defeating a player who has entered your world using the Sinister Resonant Bell
- Consuming Madman's Knowledge. +1
- Consuming Great One's Wisdom. +2
- Consuming One Third of Umbilical Cord. +3
- Ringing the Beckoning Bell spends one Insight..
- Can be spent at the Bath Messenger (Insight) shop
- Enemies will take reduced damage, gain new buffs, attack moves, and deal increased damage. Exact values are yet to be determined.
- After defeating Rom and triggering the red moon phase, all mentioned insight effects become present regardless of insight level and will remain until the next playthrough.
- Insight cannot be lost unless spent or forcibly sucked out by a brainsucker.
|1||Plain Doll comes alive|
|1||Can level up at the Plain Doll||Permanent|
|1||The Witch of Hemwick boss will summon Mad Ones|
|10||Bath Messenger's (Insight) become available.|
|15||Mad Ones appear in Hemwick Charnel Lane.|
|15||Church servants gain weapon buffs and additional attacks.|
|40||Lesser amygdalas become visible in cathedral.|