Ring this bell to help hunters in other worlds.
Small bell discovered in the old underground labyrinth.
Its ring resonates across worlds, and the first hunter used it
as a special signal to call hunters from other worlds to cross
the gap and co-operate.
This bell resonates with its counterpart, the Beckoning Bell.
Ring to help hunters in other worlds.
Note: Online use only. Cannot use this item offline.
- Ring the bell to begin searching for a player who has used a Beckoning Bell. Once the game finds an appropriate Host, you will transfer into her/his world to assist her/him.
- Available at the Bath Messenger (Insight) for 1 Insight. (Note: This shop is only available while you have at least 10 Insight.)
- Can only be used in areas containing a boss. Some areas require you to activate certain events before you can summon (ie. Cathedral Ward - You must open all three large gates before you can use multiplayer items.).
- A Host can summon a Guest whose level is within 10 + 10% (always rounded down) levels of her/his own level (ie. a level 27 Host can only summon a Guest whose level is between 15 and 39, inclusive).
- A Guest will appear in a Host's world at the location at which the Guest was standing in her/his own world at the time (s)he was summoned.
- A Guest's health is reduced to 70% of her/his normal maximum.
- A Guest will receive 50% of the normal number of Blood Echoes obtained from killing enemies and bosses.
- If a Host and Guest are part of opposing covenants (Cainhurst Vilebloods and Executioners), they will, instead, be hostile towards each other.
- A Guest will remain in a Host's world until the Host dies, the Guest dies, an area boss is defeated, or either player uses a Silencing Blank to end the session.
- Multiplayer Bells require a fair amount of proximity between each player. If you are too far away from prospective Hosts, you may not be summoned very quickly.
- While standing still after ringing the bell, you can see pulsing rings around your character.
- Connection Bug: If you suspend Bloodborne for any reason or set your PS4 to rest mode while Bloodborne is open, the game will not report as such, but you will essentially be offline, disconnected from the server. If you are spending a long time looking for a person to summon or trying to be summoned, this is the reason. Close the Bloodborne app, and restart the game to restore your connection.